Sunday 8 April 2012

Mission 65

Well, certainly, you are not going to get Chicken 65 in this mission. Literally!

This all started with the complementary body composition report that I got from a upstart nutrition clinic at an event last weekend. As with all complementary things, the outcome of the report is to draw you towards them and make you a paying customer.

The reports looked alarming. With numbers like BMI, RMR, TBF all showing numbers which are leaning towards the red side.

"Red is not good", I am told. And that includes red meat.

While I was pondering over these numbers, I chanced to meet the nutritionist at my gym, who has already convinced me to cut that extra sugar and extra fat that comes along in the food intake. A few weeks into this, I am already experiencing the benefits. I am feeling lighter, and more active. Not to mention the half-a-kg or so weight loss that I have experience during the one month program.

While that might be laughable, my weight was standstill even when I was on an intense exercise program. Basically, the inputs accounted for whatever I burnt through my sessions.

Having blown the bank on my recent bicycle purchase, (new post awaited: stay tuned), which weighed one kg less than its nearest counterpart, I have decided to start a mission.

My weight was 65 kgs when I ran my last 'good' marathon in 2002. From then on, I have been mostly accumulating fat in my body. So, to reduce all that fat that has been accumulated over the decade or so, it need some serious, oh wait, drastic measures.

My current weight is ~70kg, and I already look lean, if not feel lean. Can I manage to burn out this 5kg of this extra material tucked inside my body, in all the cozy corners.

So, forget the Chicken65. My diet chart looks like oats, muesli, skimmed milk, ...

Let me see if I can hold my tastebuds for a whole two months.

No comments:

Post a Comment